• Search
  • Register
  • Hair Care Information » Finance
  • 52 Week Money Saving Challenge

i saw this briefly mentioned on youtube so i woke my mother p and told her that we're going to be doing this either way i told her to challenge others to do this, so i figured i would do as i told her and come on here to spread the word.

the idea is very simple save the amount of money according to what week of the year it is(week 23 save $23) so that by years end you would have saved a total of $1378!!! when i found out what the year end total was i was pleasantly surprised because chances are i throw more then that away on frivolous things

for those of us iffy savers(plan to save a certain amount then because we want that new pair of shoes or something else use the $$ and get all out of wack..im one of them ) this challenge can help get us acclimated to saving even a few $ when we can. and im thinking that since we know what the actual end result will be we'll be just a little more motivated

so who is in with me? since im obviously starting this just a little late by weeks end i will have $3 in my jar

#

I'm in. I have several different savings accounts, but they are mostly long term. I think I'll get a nice little mason jar to put my money in. I'll go ahead and throw 3 bucks in too.

I have a spaghetti jar that's just collecting dust in my cabinet. I'll use that instead.

#

I'm in. I know I spend at least 1k on frivolousness throughout the year.

#

I like this! Next week (when I get paid) I'll be sure to set aside $6!

#

Are we in week 3 or 2? *can't count* Either way I'm in!

#

Ok im in..i don't usually carry cash but i have a $5 note in my wallet right now. I will put that in a jar and add to it first week of Feb. How does the counting go, are we going by sunday to be the beginning of the week?

#

Ok, I wanna try. I will make up for the last few weeks when I get paid on Friday.

#

Are we in week 3 or 2? *can't count* Either...

Quote:
    View Post
    Ok im in..i don't usually carry cash but i have a $5 note in my wallet right now. I will put that in a jar and add to it first week of Feb. How does the counting go, are we going by sunday to be the beginning of the week?
    this year started out damn near perfect for us, so one week is sunday - saturday which puts us n the middle of week two

yay at you guys wanting to do this. so far we have
    psyann
    slappynaps
    imanimama
    nickib
    naksah
    c2shair
    triplel

because i NEED to deperately get on a budget when i can im going to double up the weeks amount to be added. the money saved from this is going to finance some sort of trip(s) for next year.

#

CAn I join? I am in. This is such a neat way to save. I wll have to pass it on.

#

I'm in. I spend way too much.

#

CAn I join? I am in. This is such a...

of course you can join this is open to any and everyone

#

Please count me in! This is a great idea.

#

Count me in!

#

I'm so in!!!

#

glad I seen this thread. I need to save and this seems easy enough for me

#

I'm late but I'm in I'll catch up.

#

I up for this one too...count me in.

#

ok ladies as of now everyone should have 3 whole dollars

happy to see more people getting involved

#

lol Isn't this week 3 now? I put my three dollars in already. So six dollars for me! *rolls in the cash money*

#

I have my 3 bucks!
    LOL nickib

#

I have 5 bucks in so i guess next week (4th) will be $4 + $3(for this week) making it $7?

Im getting confused...someone clarify please!

#

I have $6 already in too. I guess it depends on whether you put in at the beginning or end of the week. Are yall keeping your savings in a jar or a bank account?

naksah
    yes - $1 for the week of Jan 2nd, $2 for last week (the 9th), $3 for this week and $4 for next week = $10 for this month.

#

Hi Everyone!

I would like to join too. I'm going to decorate my jar and add my $6. Thanks for the challenge.

Yolanda

#

you guys have no idea how happy i am that you have decided to take this on w/ me
    heres a breakdown of how the 1st half of the year breaks down(i should ave put this in the intial post :/..sorry for my lack of thinking)

im going to list everything in the following order:
    week date; how much $ should be added; total saved

1/8; 1; 1
    1/15; 2; 3
    1/22; 3; 6
    1/29; 4; 10
    2/5; 5; 15
    2/12; 6; 21
    2/19; 7; 28
    2/26; 8; 36
    3/5; 9; 45
    3/12; 10; 55
    3/19; 11; 66
    3/26; 12; 78
    4/2; 13; 91
    4/9; 14; 105
    4/16; 15; 120
    4/23; 16; 136
    4/30; 17; 153
    5/7; 18; 171
    5/14; 19; 190
    5/21; 20; 210
    5/28; 21; 231
    6/4; 22; 253
    6/11; 23; 276
    6/18; 24; 300
    6/25; 25; 325
    7/2; 26; 351

#

I am ALL IN.... I have such a hard time saving but my New Years resolution was to stay focused and determined...Ready and have got my jar and have $6 in. This is a great idea. Good luck ladies

#

I'm in. I have a higher savings goal for the year but I like the idea of putting money away weekly. I have a savings account set-up just for the challenge and hopefully I can keep my hands out of it. I didn't even do the paperwork to have it linked to my bank card just to make it harder to touch.

Thanks for getting this started. This is a good motivator.

#

I'm in for sure!

#

This is a creative way to encourage saving. I'm in!

#

I will do this sounds good!

#

i'm in this is fun

#

RSS feed for this topic  

Reply »

You must log in to post.

• Tags
  •   No tags yet.

Hair Care Information. Sitemap