• Search
  • Register
  • Hair Care Information » General Forum
  • 2004 World Natural Hair Show!

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering was anyone going to the 2004 World Natural Hair Show in Atlanta June 5-7

have you attended the show in the past and what was it like?

Is it expensive?

Is it a big event?

did you go to any of the classes or are you going to any of the classes?

are you or did you attend with some one who is not natural? how was they treated?

nap2bfree

#

I will be there! First time attendie (sp?)

#

I've never even heard of it. Where can I get more info?

#

is there a website about the event?

#

There is supposed to be a Natural Hair show at the Adams Mark in Philadelphia, PA, (May) I am wondering if this the same thing.
    I heard about it a few months ago and now I can't seem to find any info about it.
    If anybody from Phila knows anything please post
    Thanks

#

I will be going to the hair show in atlanta in june. I haven't received my ticket yet so I better call them to get it. First time attendee and I can't wait.

P

#

I'm sorry I should have posted the link.

I don't know how to post the actual link on here but, here is the web address.

naturalhair.org/show/home.htm

nap2bfree

#

Wow! I didn't even know that existed! I really wish I can go. Maybe I'll check the site for the dates for next year. They probably won't have it up yet, but it's good to have the website to check in later on this year.

Thanks for sharing!

#

There is supposed to be a Natural Hair show...

I'd like more info about this too!

#

patrina and lagina

are you going with some one?

are the tickets expensive?

what hotel did you book?

nap2bfree

#

I'll be there in living color~ this will be my first year attending. Does anyone know if tickets can be purchased at the door?

#

Attended the show and workshop (braiders) last year. LOVED it. The energy is amazing!

#

nadia tell us more about it. please!!

nap2bfree

#

I would love to go to the show! GA is not that far from SC. Maybe a 4 hr drive but I would not want to go alone.

#

For nappheads in Philly there is a Natural Hair Expo coming Sunday, May 23, 2004 at the Adams Mark Hotel on City Ave. I will make a new topic with all the details.

#

I'll be there in living color~ this will be...

ticket info

i plan to just do that saturday..$5 at the door! thats all i need and i live in metro atl

there was a thread on this a while back (about 4 pages worth) there will be many people from my understanding that will be attending this show from forum.

NIKKI..come on down...you wont be alone!

#

I'll be there too!! I'm not sure what day I'm going. I live in Atl, so I have no problems getting there.

#

I went last year.

World Natural Hair Show Link

Not expensive - I bought a 3-day pass that inclued the parties for like $35 I think. I think a one day pass is $5 bucks.

There are plenty of hotels slightly SOUTH of the show that should be relatively inexpensive. The show is near the Atlanta Airport, but you can get cheaper lodging close by if you go south, or west of the show's location.

It was cool - there were a moderate amount of vendors - the natural hair care companies, some not-so-natural hair care companies, skin care vendors (mostly independent folks & some reps from Carols Daughter), some stylists, and then clothing, jewelry & hair accessories that were "ethnically-inspired". :-)

There also were some folks selling posters, not-so-hot skin/hair care products, etc - just hangers-on.

I got plenty of freebies, from some of the companies I'd heard mentioned on this site, and some I hadn't. Even Organic Root System had a booth, and while they didn't give me freebies, they were selling their products like 6 or 8 for $12, which is a decent deal - plus the guy threw in some extra stuff when I batted my eyelashes at him. My product junkyism was satisfied for months afterward.

The demonstrations were cool. I have the patience of a fruit fly, so I couldn't do a seminar, but I've heard that they're informative. They also had singers, some spoken word, etc. Loved the hairstyles I saw, and the visitors are as diverse & inspiring as the models were. I was 'cause I didn't get a chance to see the fashion show, but I hope to catch it this year.

This is a moderately sized event. Since I'm in Hair Weave Central - I originally was thinking this was going to be a Bronner Bros Hair Show sized event - with competitions & all. It wasn't that scale - it's a nice size, but definitely not a "World" sized show, KWIM? I think most folks were from larger metro areas (NY, PA, CA, IL) or from the southeast. If you're coming from out of town, you may also want to plan on taking in Altanta, while you're here - I don't think that even with all the activities they have planned it'll hold your interest the entire 3-day weekend.

All in all, I'm looking forward to attending, but this time I'm buying a 1-day ticket.

#

I went with a few other forum members. We had a good time. I will be there again this year. See y'all there.

#

I'll be there. I'm in Chicago.

#

thanks so much saga for all the inf.

what would you recommend as far as taking in the sites of atlanta.

I was thinking of taking one or two days to check out the ATL any advice anyone can give would be great.

nap2bfree

#

Poetri, The Pantene Tour is coming to Philadelphia at the Convention Center and yes I will be attending. It is May 23
    You can not buy tickets at the door, all tickets are to be bought in advance from uggh "Ticketmaster"

#

Wow! it sounds like a blast seems to just get bigger and better.
    Have fun y'all

#

oh man I would love to go, I just left ATL for North Dakota....hopefully I will be able to catch it one day. Please post your remarks on the conference when you all come back I would love to read your reviews

#

RSS feed for this topic  

You must log in to post.

• Tags
  •   No tags yet.

Hair Care Information. Sitemap