• Search
  • Register
  • Hair Care Information » Locs
  • 18 Month Sisterlocks Update

Hi Ladies,

Can you believe it's been 18 months already? I realised that today and knew an update was long over due. Just having a think about the last few months of my journey and there have been highs, lows and highs again.

The good parts have been, getting my locs coloured (love love love the red) and meeting lovely lovely ladies at my first hairtipsforme gather (hi Pooks, Denny, GorgeousKinkz and JayEnn). I know it's strange but I instantly felt comfortable and was chatting away at our dinner. I'm normally a little shy in social situation but feel comfortable straight away. I don't even think we really talk about our hair much. There was just a lot of general fun chit chat. I will say to those that are worried about going to a meeting as they feel shy. Just go, you will love it.

Anyway back to my locs. They have pretty much taken care of themselves as my regime is very simple (wash every 2 Aveda Brilliant, condition monthly with Aveda Madder Root, daily spritz with Hair Naturel Organic Aloe Rose Spritz and use caster oil/Jojoba oil mix on my weak spots). I sometimes curl my hair with foam curls and water but that's it.

The bad bit (deep breath) I had thinning locs. It's about 5 locs each side in the exact same place. I had a very stressful time at work, and that was reflected in my hair. For a while I thought I was going to lose the locs. But work improved, my stress reduced and rubbing caster oil on the parts weekly have meant my locs are growing thick again.

Well that's it....here are some pictures (more are in my album)...

The begining:

18 Months Later

#

And some close ups are attached. That's it from me for now.

#

Lovely locks How many do you have?

#

Beautiful!

#

your sisterlocs are beautiful! Congrats!

#

Looking GOOD!

#

They look great congrats! I love seeing fellow sisterlocers!

#

They're looking great.

#

Your locs look fantastic!

#

They look great! Congrats!

#

Thanks all!
    It's funny that I didn't really notice the growth until now.

ThePerfectFool is 529 sisterlocks. Same number since installation (touch wood).

#

Looking beautiful. We probably have the same colour but seeing it on someone else it looks lovely. (which part of you is shy? )

#

They look awesome!

#

Congrats on the 18th mth mark! They're gorgeous babe, I struggled to keep from molesting them at the meetup lol

#

looking beautiful. We probably have the same colour but seeing...

#

Congrats on the 18th mth mark! They're gorgeous babe, I...

Oh Pooks that's me and you both!!!

Funny I just left another thread about hair molestation and I did not have the guts to admit my urge to touch the 3 loc'd ladies hair at our meet up). SHAME!!!!

Congratulations Huntress - Did the 18 months seem long?

#

(which part of you is shy? )...

I normally don't talk when I meet new people, it's a very bad habit that I'm trying to break. But as I've cyber stalked you all, I felt very comfortable.

#

Oh Pooks that's me and you both!!!Funny I just left...

Meet too! I wanted to touch everyone's hair and was very close to asking. But thought best not

Next meeting, I'm washing my hands and asking permission. I have never actually felt anyone else locs, as I'm the only loc head in my family. I don't actually know anyone else with locs so I don't know if mine feel like everyone else's.

Oh - the 18months flew by. I stopped worry about my hair after the one year mark.

#

Your locs have come on well in 18 months! If memory serves mine looked nowhere as good as yours at the 18 month mark.

Congats

DeBe

#

Congrats on your 18 month mark. Your sisterlocks looks lovely as always!

#

Congratulations.

#

Congrats! They will just get better and better! Did you highlight you hair at aveda or do full head colour? Also did you did the consult on the same day? My local aveda salon is a bit of a treck and I don't want to make two trips.

Your hair is fab!

#

beautiful!

#

Congrats! They are looking good.

#

your hair is fabulous. i wish you all the best!

#

Your hair is gorgeous!! L.O.V.E IT!

#

Thanks everyone for positive feedback
    Congrats! Did you highlight you hair at aveda or do...

To answer your question - I've had my hair coloured twice. First time was at the end of Nov 2010. Selected loc were coloured red. Last time was Feb when I had my whole head coloured. The pre-coloured loc are brighter as they had already been coloured, so ended up a shade lighter then the virgin hair.

I know two trips are annoying, but for me it was the best way to get the different tones of colour without having to lift with bleach.

#

18 months already! I completely forgot until I saw your post. Your hair is looking simply beautiful We sure have come a long way! Good to see you are still enjoying the journey. Catch up soon.

#

I'm in love! I can't wait till my locks are actually loc'd and firther out.

#

oh awesome, your locs are so pretty.
    how'd you get that lovely color?

#

RSS feed for this topic  

Reply »

You must log in to post.

• Tags
  •   No tags yet.

Hair Care Information. Sitemap